Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
An Elbow Strike is any strike made with the elbow.
- Sometimes (such as in Taegeuk Oh Jang) the strike is performed with an assisting hand: the off-hand palm pushes on the fist of the elbowing arm, to provide the elbow strike with additional power.
- Also in Taegeuk Oh Jang, we see a variation in which the off-hand palm is used as a target. This is an Elbow Target Strike.
- In other cases (for example, in Taegeuk Pal Jang) the elbow strike is performed without an assisting hand.
- The strike can also be performed upward, with the fist above the striking-arm's shoulder. This is seen for example in the form Joong-Gun.
- The strike can be performed to the rear, making it a Rear Elbow Strike, as in the form Palgwae Pal Jang.
- Both elbows can strike to the side simultaneously, as in the Double Elbow Strike seen in the forms Pyongwon and Sipjin.
- Elbow Target Strike on Taekwondo Preschool