In each of the following movements, the step that takes place with the foot and the block or punch should both happen simultaeneously, so that the block or punch finishes at the same time as the step.
- Ready Posture - Parallel Ready Stance facing D.
- Step forward with the right foot toward D into a right walking stance. Execute a middle right punch to D.
- Move the right foot back toward A into a left walking stance facing B. Execute a left low block toward B.
- Step forward with the right foot toward B into a right walking stance. Execute a right middle punch toward B.
- Step back with the right foot ward D into a left walking stance facing C while executing a left low block toward C.
- Step forward with the right foot toward C into a right walking stance toward C. Execute a right middle punch toward C.
- Step back with the right foot toward B into a left walking stance facing A. Execute a left low block toward A.
- Step forward with the right foot toward A into a right walking stance toward A. Executing a right middle punch toward A. This may be accompanied by a Kihap
- Finish - Bring the right foot back to a ready stance facing D.
The exercise may then proceed with the same movements in the opposite direction (left punches and right blocks)
There are at least two versions of the exercise:
- Sajo Jirugi 1 - exercise as described above, using low block
- Sajo Jirugi 2 - the same exercise, but using inner forearm outward block instead of low block
Color Belt (gup) Forms[edit | edit source]
- 10th gup - no form, just basic exercises: Four Direction Punch and Block
- 9th gup - Chon-Ji (19 movements)
- 8th gup - Dan-Gun (21 movements)
- 7th gup - Do-San (24 momements)
- 6th gup - Won-Hyo (28 momements)
- 5th gup - Yul-Gok (38 momements)
- 4th gup - Joong-Gun (32 momements)
- 3rd gup - Toi-Gye (37 momements)
- 2nd gup - Hwa-Rang (29 momements)
- 1st gup - Choong-Moo (30 momements)
References[edit | edit source]
The primary reference is:
The following websites are also particularly good online references for ITF-style taekwondo: