- See Category:Hand Technique for a list of taekwondo strikes and punches.
Taekwondo hand techniques are characterized as being either closed hand (i.e., performed with the fist, jiregi) or open hand (chigi) strikes. On this wiki, other techniques that make use of the arms and hands (such as Elbow Strikes) are also listed in the category of hand techniques.
As with blocks, strikes and punches can be modified for Low-, Middle-, and High-Section heights. In addition, they can be modified based on the striking surface used for the strike (knifehand, ridgehand, palmheel, etc.). See the article Striking Surfaces for a more detailed discussion of the different categories of hand techniques.
See Also Edit
- Punches and Strikes on Black Belt Wiki
- Punches and Strikes on Taekwondo Animals
- Taekwondo Strikes on Taekwondo Preschool
- Taekwondo Strikes on Taekwondo Information.org
- Taekwondo Hand Attacks on Wikipedia
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|